Information with a punchline

15 August 2017

Samuel L Jackson won't be in Black Panther or Avengers 3 and 4 and despite casting rumors, does not know about Captain Marvel either


While speaking with Yahoo! Movies UK before he was announced to be starring in Captain Marvel, Samuel L Jackson revealed that he has not even seen a script or signed a contract for the 2019 solo film:

I haven’t signed a contract, haven’t seen a script. I talked to Brie [Larson] the other day and she didn’t say anything, she’s the only person I know that’s actually in the movie. I’ve been rumored to be in several different Marvel movies that I haven’t shown up in.”

It is possible that a contract was inked after the interview in question. What is a little eyebrow raising is the fact that Nick Fury played a somewhat elemental role to the Avengers assembling (no pun intended), and his absence when they famously disassembled in last years Captain America Civil War raised questions that went unanswered, questions that have since come up again when news made rounds that Nick fury will remain absent when Thanos final gets up off that chair in Avengers Infinity Wars, Black Panther AND the Untitled Avengers 4 movie that comes out in 2019 also, despite previously saying he thought he was in Avengers 3 & 4, that is not the case now.

I wasn’t in the ‘superhero argument’ movie [‘Captain America: Civil War’], I’m not in ‘Avengers 3 and 4’. They’re shooting them now, and they haven’t called me yet. They wouldn’t let me go to ‘Black Panther’-ville, so it’s kinda like how you gonna make a black Marvel movie and not let Nick Fury show up in it?!

Nick Fury has been a recurring character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe since the very beginning and a personal favorite of mine. I hope there is a perfectly good ‘explain’ for his absence in a ton of these upcoming movies.

Black Panther and Avengers Infinity Wars come out in February and May of 2018 and Avengers 4 and Captain Marvel come out in 2019.
Share:

0 comments: