According to reports, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 pricing will be
upwards of $1000. And seeing as a large portion of the tech consumer populace
are cheapos (me self join), it has sparked major disdain. For Odin’s sake, how
am I supposed to
fork out USD $1000 for a phone that hopefully will not go boom in the night and most definitely will be rendered old in a couple months when its successor comes out? Bare in mind that USD $1000 converts to about NGN360k before importers factor in their shipping cost, feeding allowance and transport from airport to Computer Village which is absolutely within walking distance (I should know, I am living testament it is).
fork out USD $1000 for a phone that hopefully will not go boom in the night and most definitely will be rendered old in a couple months when its successor comes out? Bare in mind that USD $1000 converts to about NGN360k before importers factor in their shipping cost, feeding allowance and transport from airport to Computer Village which is absolutely within walking distance (I should know, I am living testament it is).
Well, tech giant Samsung felt our disdain all the way from Korea and are
resorting to bundle a freebie with the Galaxy Note8 when it ships. Sadly this
freebie is region specific. That is, some parts like the US, Russia and Europe
will not be benefiting from it.


The freebie in question is a case made of transparent plastic, capable of
protecting the device's back and sides
On the free included case Samsung says
"While it still shows design
of Galaxy Note 8, it can protect Galaxy Note 8 from getting chipped or coming into
contact with foreign materials, Samsung Electronics has minimized thickness of
this case as much as possible so that Galaxy Note 8 will maintain its sense of
grip."
I must say, I was hoping for the freebie to be something like a free
Galaxy S8 or 65inch Samsung Oled TV but guess cheapos can’t be choosers.
The region specific freebie/case is said to be in the range of $17.7 -
$26.55.
In my opinion, still does not justify the pricing.
The Galaxy Note 8 will be announced 3rd week of this August.







0 comments:
Post a Comment